St. Margaret’s Center, part of the Center for Disability Services, is a dynamic and unique skilled nursing facility serving infants, children, and young adults with complex medical conditions and disabilities. We are experts in providing long-term, 24-hour medical care in a nurturing, home-like setting.
Our dedicated team of professionals plan and deliver individualized care, focusing on the unique needs and personality of each person. Families are also part of our health care team. We are a part of an extended family, providing genuine support and putting everyone’s hearts and minds at ease.
You can help people get better at life.
Make a difference, apply today.
Under the supervision of the Unit Manager, the Charge Nurse oversees the day-to-day functions of the nursing department. Possessing a combination of strong leadership and assessment skills, the Charge Nurse serves both as a resource for other nursing staff and also provides hands on nursing support to residents in assigned unit (walking rounds with MD, coordinating lab work, attending to residents who become ill or injured at program, administering first aid, etc.)
We value Excellence; Respect for the Individual; Integrity & Personal Responsibility; Teamwork; Innovation; and Leadership. Position specific qualifications include:
An active NYS RN license, with a minimum of 1 year experience as an RN in an acute and/or long term care setting. Prior charge nurse experience preferred. Must have experience working with trachs, tube feeds, central ports/PICC lines. BLS/CPR certifications required. Bilingual (Spanish) a plus. Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Schedule is Monday-Friday days with no weekend or holiday commitment.
Our benefits make the Center one of the best places to work in the Capital Region!
· Low-cost individual, two-person, and family coverage with a high company contribution towards the premium
· Free life insurance
· Free short and long-term disability insurance
· Low-cost dental insurance
· Generous paid leave to be used for vacation, illness or personal leave
· Paid Holidays
· Paid bereavement leave
· Paid Jury Duty
· Generous 401(k) retirement program with a company contribution and match
· Tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities
· Free Employee Assistant Program
· Free checking with Direct Deposit
· Supplemental, voluntary insurance options including: disability, life, accident and auto
· Staff Recognition Programs
· Mileage Reimbursement
· College Savings Plans
· Credit Union
· Membership Discounts (e.g. Gold’s Gym, Great Escape, Verizon Wireless, JCC)
· Free Parking
How to Apply
Interested candidates should apply on line at www.stmargaretscenter.org.